One of the simple pleasures in life is looking through clean window screens. While cleaning your screens may seem like a daunting task, it is actually not difficult to do, especially with ARC-CRM’s easy-to-clean windows. To avoid making a mess, we recommend cleaning your screens outside or in a bath tub at least once a year.
Here is our step-by-step guide:
- To clean window screens easily, you will need to remove the screens from the window. If you have a very large screen which cannot be passed through the window opening, you will need a helper outside to remove the screen. If you have many screens, you may want to label which screen came from which window to ensure a proper fit when you mount them again after the cleaning.
- Make sure that your work area is clear of rocks and other debris that could damage the screen. Mix a solution of dish detergent and warm water in a bucket; or one part ammonia to three parts water, wearing gloves to protect your hands.
- Rinse the windows well with a garden hose or a removable shower head.
- Using a rag or soft bristled brush, gently scrub the screening and the frame with your cleaning solution. Be careful not to push too hard on the screen to avoid making it sag or rip.
- Give the screens a thorough rinsing. Then gently tap them on the bottom of the bath tub or your outdoor work surface to get rid of excess water. Let them air dry for at least 15 minutes before you mount each screen again.
- Enjoy the clear view!
Watch the entertaining video below to see how easy it is to clean your screens outdoors:
And there you have it. To clean window screens, when done properly, isn’t daunting at all and can be completed in relatively short time. And once you have replaced your screens, the joy of a clear view is well worth the effort.